CPCCG logo
The CCG ceased to exist on 1 July and this website is no longer being updated. Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care Board, part of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care System, took over the statutory responsibilities of the CCG. Please visit CPICS
Home » About us » How we meet our duties » Information Governance » Subject Access Requests

Subject Access Requests

The Data Protection Act 2018 gives living individuals the right to request access to personal records held about them by organisations such as NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG.  This is known as a Subject Access Request.  For the CCG's Access to Records Policy, please see 'Related Documents' on this page. 

Further information on Subject Access Requests can be obtained via the Information Commissioner's Office.

Note: From 1st July 2022, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG became NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care Board (the 'ICB').  Please visit the ICB's Access to Records webpage at: Subject Access Requests | CPICS Website to download the ICB's Access to Records Policy and Access to Records Form.

How to request access to your records held by the CCG:

If you wish to make a Subject Access Request, you can do so by completing the CCG's Access to Records Form or by writing to the Information Governance Manager at either the postal  or email address below: 

Information Governance Manager
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG
Gemini House
Bartholomew's Walk
Cambridgeshire Business Park
Angel Drove
Ely CB7 4EA


Alternatively, you can contact the Information Governance Team, via the main switchboard on 03 300 571 025 

Who can make a Subject Access Request? 

Any individual can make a Subject Access Request (SAR).  In addition an individual may nominate a representative (such as a solicitor, relative or just someone they trust) to apply on their behalf.  In this case, there must be a valid consent signed by the individual who is authorising the release of information to the representative.

Will I be charged for access to the records? 

In most cases we will not charge a fee to comply with a subject access request.

However, where a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge a reasonable fee for the administrative costs of complying with a request.

We may also charge a reasonable fee if an individual requests further copies of their data following a request.  The fee will only be based on the administrative costs of providing further copies.

When can I expect to receive a response?

We will endeavour to acknowledge your request within two days of receipt and act on your request within one month, commencing from the day after we receive your request or any further information we have requested to enable us to respond to your request. 


Requests for Primary and Secondary Care Health Records should not be sent to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG - we do not have access to health records for the provision of direct patient care.

If you require access to primary care health records, the request should be made to the relevant GP Practice, dentist, pharmacist or optometrist.

Requests for access to medical records held by Acute and Community Trusts should be sent to the relevant Trust as follows:

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Addenbrooke’s)


Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust

01223 219400 (Trust Headquarters)

Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust


Northwest Anglia Foundation Trust (NWAFT) – Hinchingbrooke Hospital

01480 416015

Northwest Anglia Foundation Trust (NWAFT) – Peterborough City or Peterborough & Stamford Hospitals

01733 673440 or 01733 673441

Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01223 638000

Hertfordshire Urgent Care (HUC)

NHS 111 Provider for Cambridgeshire & Peterborough residents


0300 0339982 (Option 2)