We are currently buying more services than we can afford with our current budget, which means we are overspending. This means we need to make some difficult decisions about the services we can afford to provide in the future. We have an annual budget of £1.3 billion to deliver healthcare services to 980,000 people across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. This includes funding for hospitals, GP services, pharmacies, mental health services and much, much more.
The BIG conversation has been created to help us, the people who buy the healthcare services in your area, to understand what is most important to you, our local community.
We need to work together making sure we deliver good quality healthcare within the budget we have been allocated. This is why we have created these new opportunities to listen to your ideas about how we might make savings in the future, whilst protecting the services you value most.
Read more about the BIG conversation
To give you a full understanding about what the BIG conversation is, the difficult decisions we need to make as a CCG, and how we currently spend our money, have a look at one of documents below:
- The summary document - a quick summary, to give you a brief overview of the BIG conversation.
- The BIG conversation full document - a longer version which will give you a full understanding into lots of the different areas where we need to save money.
- The easi-read version of the BIG conversation summary document.
So how can you get involved?
We want to hear your thoughts about healthcare in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. It’s vital we find out more about the services you value most and listen to your ideas on how we might change the way people access and use healthcare services.
We want to listen to your experiences of using our local NHS services and hear about opportunities you have seen to change things.
You can get involved in one of the following ways
- Go straight to our online survey
- Fill in the paper copy of the questionnaire on the summary document and send it FREEPOST to Freepost Plus RSCR-GSGK-XSHK, BIG conversation, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG, Lockton House, Clarendon Road, Cambridge CB2 8FH by Friday 20 December 2019. You do not need a stamp
- Come along to one of our public events listed below
- Phone us on 01223 725317.