The spending plan was developed taking into account of the seven key priority areas detailed in original NHSE letter reflecting a pragmatic approach to supporting practices to utilise the funding flexibly to meet individual practice needs, whilst also prioritising some CCG key areas of focus.
The funding was allocated to support the following areas:
- Tackling Inequalities, continuing to support: Covid Vaccination Programme and clinically vulnerable patients during the transition back to full restoration of services. £635k invested at practice level based on practice weighted population list sizes. This equates to £0.66.per weighted patient (based on 01 April 2021 weighted list sizes).
This additional funding is in recognition of the workload associated in identifying household members of the immunosuppressed patients as part of the covid vaccination programme and to support the transition back to business as usual. Funding could be utilised to put on additional clinic capacity to clear any outstanding backlogs and to improve access for patients as part of the transition to full restoration of services, including those that are commissioned nationally and locally.
- Additional Investment to support CCG priority areas of focus.
£635k invested at practice level to support the three key areas identified below. Indicatively this equates to £0.66.per weighted patient (based on 01 April 2021 weighted list sizes) but will be adjusted to reflect Practice SMI register.
- Improved SMI Physical health checks and COVID Vaccine uptake - Target ambition 85% using 31 March 2021 as a baseline position (share of funding based on based on SMI register figures).
- Review and catch up of all high-risk drug monitoring and any other Clinically prioritised reviews of 2020/21 (Funding allocation based on practice weighted population list sizes).
- Timely response to ECLIPSE Live Drug Alerts. (Funding allocation based on practice weighted population list sizes).
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com