Hot Off The Press
Clinical Systems training for both SystmOne and Emis users
- Wednesday 04 March 13:00-16:30 at Huntingdon Racecourse. Please click here to book.
HR & Employment Law Update for Practice Managers
- Wednesday 29 April 10:00-17:00 at Wood Green.Please click here for further information.
Managing Difficult Conversations Masterclass
- Wednesday 06 May 13:00-15:00 in Huntingdon. Please click here to book.
Managing Conflict and Complaint Handling
- Additional date!
- Tuesday 09 June 09:00-16:30 at the Allia Future Business Centre in Peterborough. To book your place, please click here.
Returning to work?
There are just three places left on the Return to Work/BringBaby event on Friday 24 January, 2020 between 09:45 and 14:30. If you have any colleagues who are currently on sick leave they may well benefit from this course which, although targeted at those coming back from parental leave, has a large update element for those returning to work. For more details see: https://cptraininghub.nhs.uk/event/bringbaby-professional-development-update-cambridge-jan-20/
Primary Care Careers Fair – Wednesday 1 April 2020
- Plans for the Primary Care Careers Fair are progressing well and we should be able to send out a full programme later this week.
- Dr Gary Howsam, the Chair of C&P CCG, has agreed to be our keynote speaker and there will be educational session specifically for GPs, practice managers, nurses and AHPs.
- The main hall at the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon will be the venue for practices to have a display stand with a practice banner, funded by the Training Hub and potential new recruits will be able to wander and chat to each in turn.
- Participating practice staff will be provided with handouts, equipment, lunch, refreshments and places on the educational events all fully funded by the Training Hub.
- If you would like more information ahead of the press release and full programme, please get in touch with David Tucker at the Training Hub on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career’s and Recruitment Fair 01 April 12:00 Marriott Hotel Huntingdon
Reserve your practice’s pitch now for our first Career’s and Recruitment Fair for newly qualified GPs and Nurses. Contact by e-mail email@example.com or call 01733 666670 option 2. Seize the opportunity to engage with potential new recruits.
Opportunities to host joint sector pre-registration pharmacists in general practice 2021/22
There is an upcoming opportunity to express an interest in jointly hosting pre-registration pharmacists between general practice and either community or hospital pharmacy. Expressions of interest can now be submitted for pharmacy employers (community or hospital), partnered with general practice, wishing to host a pre-registration pharmacist in 2021/2022 as part of the HEE funded programme.
Please complete the following expression of interest form by Monday 27 Jan 2020. If you would like to submit expressions for multiple partnerships, please contact GPPreRegPharm@hee.nhs.uk for access to a spreadsheet for completion.
Have your say - Big Conversation with Primary Care
As you are aware, we have launched the Big Conversation with Primary Care to find out how the CCG can support and help improve Primary Care for the future.
We’re keen to hear your feedback and there are a number of ways you can do this.
All practice members are encouraged to complete our short online survey that is available at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CCG-BCwPC.
We will also be holding events over the coming weeks that will provide the opportunity to have a face to face decisions about what you’d like from the CCG and how we can work together better in the future (exact locations to be confirmed ASAP):
- Cambridge - Monday 03 February – 15:30
- Wisbech - Wednesday 05 February – 14:00
- Huntingdon - Friday 07 February – 15:30
- Royston – Tuesday 11 February – 18:00
- Peterborough – Friday 14 February – 12:30
- March – Tuesday 18 February – 18:00
- Ely – Wednesday 19 February – 15:00
- St Neots – Friday 21 February – 13:30
Events are open to all practice staff and will last an hour and a half. To reserve a place at any of the above please email CAPCCG.AO@nhs.net
Your feedback via the survey and our events will help to shape our local vision for Primary Care going forward and ensure that we – at the CCG – are providing you with the right support at the right time. We will be reporting your feedback and our proposed actions back at our next Members Event taking place on Thursday 27 February.
GP education event:
Cardiology and Gastroenterology
There is still time to sign up for the Cardiology and Gastroenterology GP Education event that is taking place on Thursday 23 January 2020 13:00-15:00 (lunch included) at Huntingdon Race Course.
Speakers include Dr Amrit Takhar, CCG Cardiovascular Clinical Lead; Dr Brian Gordon, Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Papworth Hospital and Peterborough City Hospital and Dr Philip Roberts, Consultant Gastroenterologist, Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Please remember that the new A14 Huntingdon Southern Bypass has opened. If heading westbound on the A14, access to the venue is via Huntingdon or by continuing along the bypass and joining the A1 before turning off at the Brampton Hut roundabout.
- For further information and registration visit the Training Hub.
Primary Care Out of Hours Service (Integrated Urgent Care)
We have been asked to flag the attached letter regarding out of hours shift cover, and ask if you can share it with GPs and Nurse Practitioners in your Practice.
Central Alerting System (CAS)
Class 4 Drug Alert, For Information, Advanz Pharma, Zapain 30mg/500mg Tablets (Codeine Phosphate / Paracetamol)
Convex Two-Piece Skin Barriers (Natura /Surfit /Combihesive Wafers)
Convex two-piece skin barriers (Natura /Surfit /Combihesive Wafers) for use with ostomy bags – recall due to risk of stoma injury, bleeding and leakage under the skin barrier. Details in attached PDF.
Please see below the latest developments from the world of healthcare Research and Innovation
You can also now follow the R&D team on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CPPrimaryCareR1
The R&D team are located on the 4th floor of Lockton House. If you want to get in touch about our weekly research updates, please contact Sinem White (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Public Health England
Report Illicit Drug Reactions (RIDR)
Public Health England (PHE) working in collaboration with the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has been piloting a national system for reporting the unexpected or severe adverse effects of illicit drugs since March 2017. PHE has decided not to continue the Reporting Illicit Drug Reactions (RIDR) pilot beyond the end of 2019/20. The RIDR site no longer accepts reports and will close completely on 28 February 2020. It will then be archived under the UK Government Web Archive by the National Archives.
- In light of this please either update or remove any existing content including hyperlinks.
- For further information please see the RIDR website.
BIG Debate - Greater Cambridge Shared Planning:
A strategic partnership between Cambridge City and South Cambridgeshire District Councils
As part of the Greater Cambridge Local Plan consultation, Greater Cambridge Shared Planning are holding a ‘Big Debate’ at the Corn Exchange on Tuesday 18 February. The Big Debate is an opportunity for the public to hear and debate a range of provocative and interesting points of view on what the future of our area should look like. It will be a lively, informal event with 8 quickfire presentations from a range of local organisations and a chance to pose your own questions.
If you would like to be considered for a presentation slot at this event, please can you email email@example.com by 17:00 on Monday 20 January. There has already been a lot of interest. You can also book a seat in the audience here.
Local training opportunities
Local events are now being collated on the Training Hub website, we recommend you check this link for the latest training available for practices in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough https://cptraininghub.nhs.uk
The inclusion of external courses and events within GP News does not imply endorsement by NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG or any association with their operators.
| Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to check external links are from a reliable source please be mindful when requested to input personal information into third party links. |