In this issue:
- Reminder: Call for Nominations to CCG Governing Body – closes 21 July
- Health Hero Awards
- Survey for GP Cancer Masterclass events
- Submission deadline for the NDA now 28th July
- Research updates
- Partner News
- Report Illicit Drug Reaction (RIDR) - closing 28 February 2020
- External events and training
- Health Education England
- Advanced Nursing Practice MSc – funded places available!
- Health Education England
- 2nd Healthcare Support Worker Conference
- Addenbrooke’s Postgraduate Medical Centre
- Doctors and nurses - how to deal with dental and oral emergencies, problems and conundrums
Reminder: Call for nominations to CCG Governing Body - closes 21 July
We are looking for well-respected and forward-thinking GPs who are passionate about ensuring we have sustainable health care for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to stand for nomination as members of our Governing Body.
All GPs - locums, salaried GPs, and partners - working in our Clinical Commissioning Group’s area, and on the performers’ list, are eligible to stand for election. We would like to see the Governing Body represent the diverse nature of the population and our geographical area.
Number of GP posts up for election:
- One GP representatives on our CC Governing Body.
Length of tenure:
- The period of tenure for all posts up for election in 2017 will be three years (to 2020).
Interested parties should complete the nomination form and return it to the LMC by 5pm on Friday 21 July 2017. We would prefer nominations to be returned electronically and they must include a photograph.
Information can be found on the Healthcare Professionals’ area of the CCG website at: https://www.cambridgeshireandpeterboroughccg.nhs.uk/health-professionals/news-and-events/latest-news/gp-elections-2017/
Health Hero Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2017 Our Health Heroes awards, from Skills for Health. Categories cover clinical support officers, operational services support officers, apprentices, workforce planning teams and integrated teams. To nominate, please follow the link: http://www.skillsforhealth.org.uk/ohh-2017
Sallyann Woodthorpe is happy to provide any support with applications. Please email Sallyann.email@example.com
Survey for GP Cancer Masterclass events
A sincere thank you to GPs who completed the GP Cancer Masterclass survey monkey questionnaire, we will be planning the event based on the analysis of responses which clearly shows themes for topics requested, preferred location & times.
The survey has been extended to 28th July for GPs who are interested in attending the cancer Masterclass educational events, and had not yet had the chance to complete the survey. Please click and complete the attached short survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GPCancerMasterclass before 28th July, to help us plan the event you will find most useful.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG are co-ordinating with Macmillan Cancer Support in planning FULLY FUNDED GP Cancer Masterclass educational events. We thank you for your support for implementing NICE guidelines (NG12) for suspected cancer in your clinical practice. As a CCG, we are actively looking at ways to improve cancer diagnosis and post diagnostic support.
Submission deadline for the NDA now 28th July
The NDA team are pleased to announce that the NDA 2016-17 collection will remain open until Friday 28th July for data submissions.
Information about the 2016-17 collection and guidance can be found on their collections webpage here http://content.digital.nhs.uk/nda_collection
If you have any questions please contact the NDA team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Developments from the world of healthcare Research and Innovation:
- SciBarHealth Alzheimer's Event in Cambridge Event hosted by Cambridge British Science Association and Cambridge University Health Partners to mark World Alzheimer’s month with two speakers Giovanna Mallucci and Dr John Skidmore. From 6:30pm on Tuesday 12th September at Revolution Bar and Restaurant, Downing Street, Cambridge.
- The Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype and Harm at the Dawn of Medicine's Computer Join Robert M. Wachter as he discusses why digitising healthcare is so hard, and what needs to be done to get it right. Wednesday 8th November at 5:30pm – 7:30pm: Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge.
- RIDR information removed as service closing 28 February 2020
External events and training
Health Education England
Advanced Nursing Practice MSc – funded places available!
Health Education East of England are fully funding 8 places on Anglia Ruskin University’s Advanced Nursing Practice MSc programme starting in September 2017.
Health Education England
2nd Healthcare Support Worker Conference
10 November see’s the second Healthcare Support Worker Conference, to be held in Peterborough. Last year was attended by receptionists, radiologists,
- Recognise / value
- Support Development
The conference flyer can be found on the website
Addenbrooke’s Postgraduate Medical Centre
Doctors and nurses - how to deal with dental and oral emergencies, problems and conundrums
This course is aimed at GPs and primary care nurses and costs £60 including lunch and refreshment. The flyer with further information can be found on the website here