Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
Please find attached a notification regarding the closure of the Dance, Sport and Exercise Medicine Service at RNOH.
East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Ambulance trust Chair to move on
Sarah Boulton has announced that she will stand down as Chair of East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust on 30 June 2019 after over five years in the role. Read more here
Cambridgeshire County Council
MRSA infection risk in people who inject drugs
There has been an increase nationally in MRSA infections in people who inject drugs. Please find attached resources (poster and leaflet) about MRSA which provide both valuable information about MRSA and practical advice to reduce the risk of infection.
Consultation on A428 Black Cat to Caxton Gibbet Improvement Scheme
Information can be found online at http://www.highwaysengland.co.uk/a428
Last chance to book!
CCG Educational Event - Mental Health
Don't forget to book for our 'mental health extravaganza' educational session next week, 18 June, if you would like to attend.
Please book via the Training Hub website https://cptraininghub.nhs.uk/event/ccg-ed-mental-health-extravaganza/.
We have some great speakers attending:
- Dr Emma Tiffin, STP/CCG Mental Health Clinical Lead
- Dr Ben Underwood, Clinical Director, CPFT
- Dr Pam Peters, Personality Disorder Consultant, CPFT
- Aly Anderson, Director of Operations, CPSL Mind
Please find the agenda and flyer attached.
Reminder: CCG Educational Events
You are invited to our CCG Educational Events.
- 18 September 2019 |31 October 2019 |11 December 2019 | 23 January 2020 and 12 March 2020 - primary care, led by NHS E national lead for primary care
Lunch will be available from 12.30pm with workshops starting promptly at 1pm and finishing at 3pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
National Diabetes Prevention Programme
Improving monitoring for people with non-diabetic hyperglycaemia
Please see the attached letter for some upcoming changes to the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme and improving monitoring for people with non-diabetic hyperglycaemia in your area.
Job adverts: GP Clinical lead Single Point of Contact | First 5 lead
Two opportunities have arisen for GPs with an interest in providing support and developing support networks with GP colleagues across the county. These opportunities are for a 12 month period, funded via NHS England. The roles will be employed via the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Training Hub.
X1 GP Support Hub Clinical Lead (Single Point of Contact)
- Up to 2 sessions per week
- Main Responsibilities include:
- To lead and develop the establishment of local GP Peer Support Networks (Mid-Career, Locum and Wise 5) across Cambridge, Huntingdon and Peterborough.
- To help inform, shape and develop services, strategies and initiatives aimed at improving retention and recruitment of GPs within the CAP footprint:
- to meet 1-1 with each ST3 and offer individualised support to find a job within the STP area including: brokerage with practices to get trainees into jobs.
- Careers advice for new GP trainees.
X1 GP Lead for “First 5” Support Network
- 2 sessions per month
- Applicants must be Qualified GP on GMC GP Register– no more than 5 years post-qualification.
- Main responsibilities include:
- Focus on supporting and facilitating First 5 peer support groups & networks across the County.
- Delivery of Next Gen programme (Pboro location).
- Support Training Hub to develop ideas for GP Recruitment & Retention.
- Work with VTS leads and GP appraisal network to inform GP retention strategies.
Expression of interest should be sent to the Training Hub via firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 28 June 2019.
Hay fever (self-care) communications toolkit for GP practices
As part of the CCG’s ongoing self care campaign we have produced a simple communications toolkit to help GP practices encourage patients to visit the pharmacy for hay fever advice and treatment. This includes website copy, videos, images and suggested social media activity. You can access this on the Healthcare professionals’ area of the CCG website HERE
If you would like any further information or guidance on how to use any of these resources within your practice please contact the CCG communications team at email@example.com
Please see below the latest developments from the world of healthcare Research and Innovation:
The R&D team are located on the 4th floor of Lockton House. If you want to get in touch about our weekly research updates, please contact Sinem White (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can also now follow the R&D team on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CPPrimaryCareR1
Local training opportunities
Local events are now being collated on the Training Hub website, we recommend you check this link for the latest training available for practices in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough https://cptraininghub.nhs.uk
Performance Management Masterclass
- Tuesday 02 July 2019 | 13.30 - 16.00
- Huntingdon Racecourse, Thrapston Road, Brampton, Huntingdon PE28 4NL
- Speakers: Harry and Sukie Banga | Ararna
- More information here
GP Evening Meetings (GEMS)
Flu Stakeholder event
When: Monday 1st July 2019, 1.30pm – 4.15pm
Where: Newton Room, West Wing, Victoria House, Capital Park, Fulbourn, CB21 5XA
Agenda and directions and parking info
Please book your place by 21st June 2019 at email@example.com