Primary care will be provided with support, training and resources in order to:
- Initiate treatment for patients currently on the AF register not receiving anticoagulation by reviewing records (GRASP AF and AF case finder) and undertaking assessments.
- Undertake targeted opportunistic case finding - for AF in the over 65s population as part of seasonal flu vaccinations.
The programme aims to:
- Ensure that at least 81% of patients with AF and a CHA2DS2-VASc score of 2 or above are receiving anticoagulation (including current exceptions).
- Identify 600 additional people over next 5 years with undiagnosed AF who could be on preventative strategies.
- Prevent 100 atrial fibrillation associated strokes over the next 5 years.
The pages in this section provide resources for the AF stroke prevention programme.
For more information read this Briefing on the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Atrial Fibrillation Stroke prevention programme.