Further to the recent communication outlined in the September LMC newsletter regarding the Primary Care Investment Framework and Commissioning Intentions (LES & QEF) for the remaining 6 months of 2019/20, the CCG is now in a position to update Member Practices on the outcome following the Primary Care Commissioning Committee meeting which took place on Tuesday 10 September 2019.
The Service Level Agreements for each service can be downloaded by clicking on drop down list under 'Downloads' on the right hand side of the page.
As you are no doubt aware, the CCG is facing extreme financial pressures and is being asked, under direction from NHS England, to make significant savings across a number of areas. Primary Care is one of those areas and as a result, a QIPP saving of £1.5m has been identified which will see a significant reduction in the discretionary funding that the CCG has been investing in primary care over a number of years, via the Quality and Engagement Framework (QEF).
After much deliberation, the Primary Care Commissioning Committee approved the following offer which, subject to CCG Governing Body approval (meeting to be held on 1 October 2019), will be offered out to Practices with effect from 1 October 2019 until 31 March 2020.
Summary of offer:
- All Local Enhanced Services (LESs) will continue for a further 6 months, with the exception of the Sleep Studies LES which will terminate on 30 September 2019 (original notice served April 2019).
- The Diabetes LES will continue for a further 6 months, but has been simplified, with a reduced tariff of £0.20 per patient, based on 1 April 2019 list size.
- Delivering Health Checks for SMI Patients (previously included within QEF) will continue, but will be commissioned via a LES at £0.12 per patient based on 1 April 2019 list size for the remaining 6 months.
- A reduced QEF will be funded at £0.38 per patient, based on 1 April 2019 list size, for the remaining 6 months and will focus solely on Medicines Optimisation priority areas. This funding is in addition to the £0.37 per patient payable for work completed under the extended 18/19 QEF agreement which covered the period 1 April 2019 – 30 September 2019.
- The CCG are also taking this opportunity to advise Practices in advance that the current Nursing and Residential Homes LES will cease on 31 March 2020. This will be replaced from April 2020 with a new Enhanced Health in Care Homes specification which is being introduced as part of the 2020/21 Primary Care Network DES.
Payment Arrangements - Practices will be remunerated in line with the service level agreement for each service – the same as Q1 & Q2 of 19/20.
Reporting Arrangements - Practices will be required to continue to submit quarterly activity to the CCG, via their commissioning statements, by 15th day following quarter end to email@example.com
For Action and Next Steps:
- Practices will only be required to complete an application form to sign up to the Diabetes LES, SMI Health Checks LES and revised Quality and Engagement Framework (QEF).
- Please complete the attached application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 17 October 2019.
N.B If Practices have already submitted an application form within the last week or so, there is no need to resubmit an application form. These will be acknowledged in due course.
- Practices are not required to complete an application form for all other Local Enhanced Services as Practices will be commissioned based on the sign up for 2019/20. Practices are advised to inform us if there are any changes to these current arrangements.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com