Cambs SPC Referral Form
Practices may wish to replace SystmOne QOF Alert Actions with local versions linking to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough clinical templates. The Primary Care Information Team will ensure these templates are updated within two weeks of the business rule release. Please use the 'how to' document for instructions on configuration and refer to the template catalogue for recommended template use.
Consent for Smoking Cessation Data Sharing
Due to Information Governance requirements, practices will now need to record a patient's consent or decline to sharing information with CAMQUIT. The following codes have been included in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Smoking Cessation Service templates used for recording smoking cessation information:
- XaX0Q - Consent given for smoking cessation data sharing.
- XaX1N - Declined consent for smoking cessation data sharing.
MIQUEST queries have been updated to include these codes. Please use the 'download' link below.
Use of the Dissent code will prevent the patient's information from being extracted in MIQUEST responses. Practices will need to run a simple search for any patients where the Decline code has been recorded as payment for these patients will need to be claimed for manually. Please liaise directly with your local authority for further guidance.
Choice of GP (Contract) and Out of Area Registrations - In hours urgent primary medical care (including home visits) (Enhanced Service)
On 5 January, the GP contract changes so that practices may register patients who live outside the area without the obligation of home visits.
To help practices identify these patients, we recommend the use of the Read code - Registered patient lives outside practice area (XaZ4g). This code has been added to the Lifestyle and Medical History template and in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Choice of GP Practice and OOA Reg (Urgent Care) template which is on the Enhanced Services page of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Template Dashboard. A report has been created in the Choice of GP Practice folder called Registered Out of Area Patients.
As far as we are aware, the Area Team and Serco are in the process of agreeing text code to record as a free text comment in the patient's record if a patient registers out of area.
To help practices report on the patients who are registered away from home but require local GP services, a temporary Read code XaK9e - Access to GMS enhanced services administration has been included on the Consent page of the Lifestyle and Medical History template and in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Choice of GP Practice & OOA Reg (Urgent Care) template which is on the Enhanced Services page of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Template Dashboard. A new Read code has been requested. Quarterly reports have been set up in the Out of Area Registrations In Hours Urgent Care folder.
Ensuring you have the right configuration in your practice will ensure uses are using the most up-to-date tools and functionality. Please see below a list of nodes we strongly advise you include in your clinical trees as a minimum:
- Safeguarding Child Information - visibility of the node relies on appropriate local access rights, this should be done by a member of your practice staff with the appropriate rights. (Document in progress).
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Screening View +
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough EOL Care Summary +
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Health and Care Summary and Plan+ - MDT PCP DES Care Plan
- MED3 Statement - SystmOne has made available a printable MED3 certificate in last release. Only users with a GMC code can create the printable version, otherwise they will need to record the eMED3 and issue by hand. Please see SystmOne guidance document for more information.
- Tabbed Journal - is an alternative version of the New Journal which practices may find more useful than 'filtering' within the New Journal, as it presents the information in pre-configured tabs for GP, community, etc. A short document explaining the Tabbed Journal is available here.
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough QOF VIEWS - We recommend practices create a folder on the clinical tree for QOF Tools. A guidance document below shows the recommended content. These will help identify missing criteria for QOF achievement and/or show Diagnosis codes that identify a patient for inclusion on a register.
- SystmOne Change Messages. A member of the Primary Care Information Team will send out regular updates highlighting interesting and useful changes. How to see only interesting areas of SystmOne Change Messages
Residential Institute patients
How to record and report on patients in a residential Institute (RI).
Clinical tree configuration
Instructions for standard clinical tee configuration in SystmOne.
Adding a view to the clinical tree
How to add a view to your practice's clinical tree in SystmOne.
Patient Status Alerts
How to create patient status alerts in SystmOne, linked to a clinical report, and including good practice when setting up and reviewing existing alerts.