CPCCG logo
The CCG ceased to exist on 1 July and this website is no longer being updated. Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care Board, part of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care System, took over the statutory responsibilities of the CCG. Please visit CPICS
Home » News and events » Latest news » Where to get medical help over the May bank holiday weekend

Where to get medical help over the May bank holiday weekend

There's a wide range of NHS services on offer over the May bank holiday weekends. If you need medical help that isn't an emergency or life-threatening, here’s what is available locally.

bank holiday bee.jpg

NHS 111 

If you need urgent medical support over the Easter weekend, think 111 First. NHS 111 is available on the phone and online 24/7 at 111.nhs.uk and will help you right away. And if you need urgent care, they will book you in to be seen quickly and safely. This could be with a GP, Urgent Treatment Centre or A&E.


Pharmacies can help with a range of things including hangovers, hayfever, colds, emergency contraception, and non-prescription medication.  Find a pharmacy open near you on Bank Holiday Monday.

Minor Injury Units (MIU) and
Urgent Treatment Centres (UTC)

Minor Injury Units (MIU) and Urgent Treatment Centres (UTC) can help with a range of minor illnesses and injuries such as sprains and strains, broken bones, minor burns and scalds, minor head and eye injuries, bites and stings. 

  • Peterborough Urgent Treatment Centre - open every day 8am to 10pm
  • Doddington Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) - open 9am - 5pm weekends and bank holidays
  • Ely Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) -  open 8.30am - 6pm all week, including weekends and bank holidays  

Mental health – 111 option 2 

The First Response Service (FRS) in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough provides those in mental health crisis the opportunity to get access to help quickly, by calling NHS 111 and selecting option 2.
The service allows patients or carers to speak to specially-trained mental health staff who can provide advice, support, and signposting to other services. The service is available 24/7, 365 days a year. 

Dental emergency and out-of-hours care

If you think you need urgent care, contact your usual dentist as some practices offer emergency dental slots and will provide care if clinically necessary. You can also call NHS 111, who can put you in touch with an urgent dental service.

Palliative Care Hub

This service is available to anyone needing specialist palliative care advice or support across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and can be accessed by calling 111 and selecting option 3.