A public consultation has been launched by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) inviting local residents to share their views on the proposal to move the Cambridge GP Out of Hours base from Chesterton Medical Centre to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. The consultation will run from today (Monday 23 January) until Monday 6 March 2017.
Any members of the public with an interest in the proposed move of services are encouraged to attend one of the following public meetings:
- Mon 6 February: 2.00-3.00pm and 4.00-5.00pm – St Andrews Hall, Chesterton
- Wed 8 February: 7.00-8.00pm – Comberton Sports & Arts Hall, Comberton
- Wed 15 February: 7.00-8.00pm – Cambridge Central Library, Cambridge
- Thurs 16 February: 6.30-7.30pm – The Meadows Centre, Arbury
- Mon 20 February: 2.00-3.00pm – Fulbourn Centre, Fulbourn
Tracy Dowling, Chief Officer, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG, said “As part of an ongoing review of our Urgent Care Services in Cambridgeshire it is suggested that the current base at Chesterton is not the most clinically effective site for patients and that a co-located GP Out of Hours base at Addenbrooke’s would enable services to work closer together. It is believed this would also help to alleviate the pressure on Addenbrooke’s A&E department.
“We’re encouraging members of the public, and staff in the Out of Hours service, to share their views about the proposals. They can do this by attending one of the public meetings or feeding back to us on the consultation document.”
The consultation document can be read online and includes a questionnaire for completion. Alternatively a hard copy may be requested by phoning 01223 725304. The deadline for public responses is 5pm on 6 March 2017.
Hard copies of the consultation document are also being sent to GP surgeries, pharmacies, and libraries.
Feedback given during the public consultation will be included in a follow-up report which will be considered by the CCG Governing Body and will contribute to any further development of the services.
Notes to editors:
Members of the public can give their views in a number of ways:
- Attend one of the following public meetings:
- Mon 6 February: 2.00-3.00pm and 4.00-5.00pm - St Andrews Hall, St Andrew's Road, Chesterton, CB4 1DH
- Wed 8 February: 7.00-8.00pm – Comberton Sports & Arts Hall, West Street Comberton, CB23 7DU
- Wed 15 February: 7.00-8.00pm – Cambridge Central Library, 7 Lion Yard, Cambridge, CB2 3QD
- Thurs 16 February: 6.30-7.30pm – The Meadows Centre, St Catharines Road, Arbury, CB4 3XJ
- Mon 20 February: 2.00-3.00pm – Fulbourn Centre, 31 Home End, Fulbourn, CB21 5BS
- Fill in the questionnaire found online on the CCG’s website
- Fill in the paper copy of the questionnaire found in the consultation document and send it FREEPOST to Freepost Plus RSCR-GSGK-XSHK, Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CCG, Lockton House, Clarendon Road, Cambridge CB2 8FH (you do not need a stamp).
- Telephone or email the CCG Communications and Engagement Team on 01223 725304 / CAPCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you belong to a group or organisation, you can invite us along to one of your meetings by contacting the Communications and Engagement Team on 01223 725304 or by email to CAPCCG.email@example.com