CPCCG logo
The CCG ceased to exist on 1 July and this website is no longer being updated. Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care Board, part of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care System, took over the statutory responsibilities of the CCG. Please visit CPICS
Home » Your Health and Services » Cam Student Health » Local NHS services

Local NHS services

You can help the local NHS by using the right NHS service if you're unwell or injured. Here is what's available locally

NHS 111 

For urgent medical help, go straight for NHS 111.  You can either call 111 or go online at www.111.nhs.uk.  You will be asked questions about your main symptom and directed to NHS services and medical help near you. NHS 111 is open 24/7, 365 days a year. 

GP practices

Find out more about the Association of Student Practices in Cambridge here.


Pharmacies can help with a range of things including aches, hangovers, colds, emergency contraception, and non-prescription medication. General opening times for pharmacies can be found HERE or you can dial 111.

Dentists and emergency dental help

It's important to register with a dental practice is you are living away from home, you never know when you might need a dentist!

For urgent dental care, contact your usual dentist as some practices offer emergency dental slots and will provide care if clinically necessary. You can also call NHS 111, who can put you in touch with an urgent dental service.