Conditions that can be treated at Urgent Care Centres include:
- x-rays on weekdays (see link below for details)
- wounds – cuts and bruises (Tetanus immunisation can also be given)
- bites – human, insect and animal
- minor burns and scalds
- muscle and joint injuries – strains, sprains, limb fractures
- sports injuries
- emergency contraception
- eye problems e.g. removal of foreign bodies, conjunctivitis
- earache (patients aged two years and over)
- cystitis (not children or male patients)
- minor head injuries (with no loss of consciousness).
Minor Illness and Injury Unit (MIIU):
The Peterborough MIIU can treat minor injuries and illnesses from strains and sprains, to broken bones, minor burns and bites. X-rays can be given seven days a week. It is often unnecessary to make a trip to A&E when you can easily be treated here, with your local pharmacist or GP. The MIIU also aims to start patient treatment within 45 minutes.
City Care Centre, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, PE3 6DB
Tel: 01733 847090
Further details, including up to date opening hours, are here
Minor Injury Units:
North Cambridgeshire Hospital
The Park, Wisbech, PE13 3AB
Tel: 01945 468787
Princess of Wales Hospital
Lynn Road, Ely, CB6 1DN
Tel: 01353 656675
Doddington Community Hospital
Benwick Road, Doddington, PE15 0UG
Tel: 01354 637078
Up to date opening hours for all the MIUs are here
St Neots Walk-in Centre
24 Moores Walk, St Neots, PE19 1AG
Tel: 01480 219317
Further information on the services offered to walk-in patients, and opening hours are here.
View location of Minor Injuries and Illness Units and Walk-in Centre on Google maps.